A twist on Huevos Rancheros using crispy tortilla shells and chorizo.
Created by Brad Thomas and Jocelyn Woods
- ¾ lb – ground pork Chorizo
- ¼ cup – cured Chorizo diced
- 1 can – black beans, rinsed
- 4 to 8 eggs – 1 – 2 eggs per person
- grated cheese – your choice we like sharp cheddar
- 1 avocado
- small handful of Cilantro leaves
- 1 ½ cups – fresh Pico de Gallo, your favorite recipe will work
- 8 tostada shells
- sour cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook ground Chorizo and beans fully. Add cured Chorizo and warm.
Fry or poach your eggs.
Put one shell down. Add a layer of Chorizo mixture. Add another shell to the top. Put down another layer of Chorizo mixture. Add eggs and cover in cheese. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes to melt cheese.
Remove from oven, top with avocado, cilantro, pico de gallo and a dollop of sour cream.