It’s only fitting to share a Brad Thomas classic on his special day, February 27. Happy Birthday BT!
Your presence is greatly missed with memories of those warm summer nights in Minneapolis grilling in your backyard. It was the best when those nights turned into a few too many drinks and rowdy games of farkle or scrabble. Of course you always kicked everyones a** at scrabble knowing the best combination of words to win the most points. It was one of your magic powers. <3
Serving Size: 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pints of variety of cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 pint + of red grapes (sliced in half)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Serve over couscous and with marinated pork chops or chicken breasts.
While you are preparing the compote, cook the couscous and pork chops or chicken breasts.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- Sauté the onion with salt and pepper until golden brown. Set aside.
- Return the skillet to the burner and add the tomatoes and red grapes.
- Sauté on medium to high heat for several minutes until the tomatoes are slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the sautéd onions, chopped basil and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the compote over sliced meat and serve.